We all need encouragement and inspiration from time to time, and I find the following writing quotes do the trick when I hit a slump in my writing. Thankfully, I don’t need inspiration right now, as my muse is keeping me on my toes lately, but I hope they inspire others like they have me.
- “You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.” ~ Ray Bradbury
- “You can’t wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.” ~ Jack London
- “Being a successful writer is 3% talent, 7% hard work, 11% luck, and 79% not being distracted by the Internet.” ~ Drachen Jager
- “Love is the answer to everything. It’s the only reason to do anything. If you don’t write stories you love, you’ll never make it. If you don’t write stories that other people love, you’ll never make it.” ~ Ray Bradbury
- “Before we are storytellers or thinkers, we are conscious beings. We are aware that I AM… That awareness is underneath all stories.” ~ Gangaji
If you have a favourite writing quote that inspires or encourages you, please share it with us in the comments.