Today’s tour host is fellow fantasy author Michelle Louring, who will be sharing a guest post from me with five reasons I prefer self-publishing. I hope it will help some aspiring authors to decide which publishing route to take.
It’s always nice to hear what readers love about our books, but how often do readers get the chance to hear what the author loves about his/her book?
Today, I reveal the five things I love the most about my soon-to-be-released fantasy adventure series, Wizard of Ends.
1. The main character, Lashlor Leaflin. He has been forced into many unpleasant situations in his lifetime, yet he has not become bitter or angry. Instead, he has an almost unnatural calmness about him, and always does what he can to help others – even when he really doesn’t want to, as you will discover in Book 1.
2. The way magic is accepted as a part of life and no magic user is treated different simply because he or she is more powerful than other people.
3. The story is fast-paced, with almost non-stop action – just the way I like it 😉
4. The chapters are reasonably short, which means that ‘just one more chapter’ is less likely to result in anyone being too tired to get up the next morning.
5. The books introduce readers to some original fantasy creatures.
If your interest is piqued, follow the virtual book tour (if you aren’t already) and take advantage of the special discount on Book 2, which will be only 99c on the day of release – 23 October. Visit Smashwords on 9 October to download Book 1 for free and pre-order Book 2.